Not idle chatter, it's creative brainstorming!

Writing is such a singular pursuit but because I can be quite introverted, I enjoy the opportunity it gives me to be by myself and create. However, nothing gets the creative mind flowing than shooting the breeze with a fellow creative soul and that is where V (my artistic friend) and I come together and feed off each other's ideas.

Much of our time of course, is taken talking about how wonderful it would be to have a studio dedicated to our individual passions. A writing/art studio where we can escape from kids/husbands/chores and be free to do what we love the most. Then after the initial day-dreaming, checking the lotto ticket yet again, realising the reality of needing to keep our day jobs, we settle down to throwing ideas around and inspiring one another.

One of these sessions resulted in the creation of a new picture book called Flu at the Zoo (yes I know, another rhyming book...just can't help myself!!). Flu at the Zoo was created to give V an opportunity to practice illustrating a full picture book.  It was a fun piece to write and came very easily after our brainstorming session. I put it forward to be assessed by some critics, a group of 10-year-old girls. They provided their feedback (of which my own daughter was the harshest critic), and overall, it was well received. The artwork is a work in progress and will take some time as all illustrations do, so I look forward to sharing its development as it grows.




Only four weeks to go until my writing course. I have finished my assigned reading (To Kill a Mockingbird) and loved every minute of it and seeing as though it is a gloomy day, I will be picking up another book and settling down to immerse myself amongst its pages. I am very tempted to buy Harper Lee's, 'Go Set a Watchman'. I'm feeling the familiar withdrawals you get from characters you love no longer being in your life.

My eating habits this weekend have left a lot to be desired. It was a 4 day birthday-fest for my youngest reaching double digits in age and we have done nothing but junk out! Back to visiting Gym in the morning. I hope he is not too judgemental of the increased inflation of my spare tyre! Tomorrow is another day I say as I shove BBQ chips in my mouth...hopeless.

My Physics lesson today was about the astral gas formation The Pillars of Creation, which even though it is likely the clouds no longer exist, we are seeing images of it still today due to the elapsed time it takes for the light to travel to us. Unlike the Physicist's "ass-trail gas" formations which even though they may have existed 20 minutes ago, we are still smelling because of the density and time it takes for the particles to disperse.


The Pillars of Creation, a gas formation which the Physicist has tried to outdo on many occasions
And with that unwanted image left in your mind (I am so sorry), I will leave you all for this week to continue with the things you love to do the most with (or without) the people you love the most. Now for the hard part...which book shall I read...

Take care
Fatty
xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An inspiring year ahead

Bit the Bullet

Inspire Me