What a weekend!!

It started out in a fashion, like a pantomime. I rose early after a great sleep, my back (which is taking it's sweet time to heal) feeling OK. I, therefore, decided (as after all I am meant to be in training) to go for a walk. There was no way on this earth that the dogs were going to let me go on my own. Everywhere I walked, I had one in front of me and one behind stuck to me like glue.
After 10 solid minutes of trying to get Harper into her harness, we finally made it out the door. Then began the dance of dogs wrapping themselves around my legs, or zig-zagging from side to side, chasing after people and other dogs...by the time I got home again my back was a mess again.



Thank goodness for anti-inflammatories! I downed two of those babies quick smart as I was a free agent that day! The Physicist was on Netball duty shuffling my littlest to her game and I was hitting the road to the Heartlines Festival to spend the afternoon with V. We signed up to attend a couple of workshops. I was going to spend some time with Deb Fitzpatrick in a writing workshop and V was going to spend time with James Foley in an illustration workshop. I think we both got so much out of our respective sessions that when we had finished we just couldn't go home. We had to debrief over hot chocolate and truffles courtesy of San Churro. Hehehehe

Today was spent doing a good deed and getting my car washed to raise funds for a local Police Officer who got badly beaten up when he went to investigate a break-in at the local shops whilst off duty. I then spent the rest of the day writing! 

At the writing workshop on Saturday, Deb gave us a list of prompts, which we had to select one to write about. Of course never being serious, I chose "I had a dream last night. Jesus had moved in down the street." In the Inklings workshop this week, we talked about the use of Flashback in writing, so I incorporated some flashback into the piece.  I tidied it up today and will present it next week at Inklings.


Carolyn at Inklings has proposed we write a few pieces with a theme to put together to help raise funds for a particular group or charity. Her suggestion was that we could all write a piece about fire and put it together as a publication and all proceeds can go to the fire brigade. I am looking forward to that. It will technically be my first piece of published work. :)

I am now officially a member of SCBWI West and I am super excited! At Heartlines V and I met another illustrator Jasmine Berry who encouraged us to join. I had been reluctant as I am not a published writer and I thought it would be for writers/illustrators who have at least been published, but she assured us that wasn't the case, so I took the plunge and I can't wait to be a part of the group!

Next week will be busy, I have a photo shoot on Tuesday with the Roleystone Cricket Club president which will be promoting us fundraising for the new club rooms. This will be published in the local Courier newspaper. Wednesday we have our Creative Collective meetup and this month it will be at Decanter in Vic Park, which is an American tapas bar. I am very much looking forward to that.

I'm off now to find another audiobook to read. I loved The Handmaid's Tale and can't wait to get stuck into another book.

Until next time
Keep being creative

Fatty
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An inspiring year ahead

Bit the Bullet

Closing the week creatively.