Rejection...AKA Hello darkness my old friend...

Alas, my manuscript was rejected. But that's OK, it was gentle and encouraging as opposed to an outright, you suck kind of rejection, so I am good with that and on the same day I received an email to say they have received my second manuscript I submitted, so there is renewed hope that maybe this new manuscript might be better.

I have a wonderful friend who is taking the same journey but in illustration. For her, at the moment it is practice, practice, practice, but her new cartoon style is amazing and she is producing some fun pieces of art. One day we dream of collaboration but as we both know publishers don't tend to work that way, it may be a self-published venture...which is why we have started buying lotto together. As with anything you have to be in it to win it! I must check that ticket!

Such talent!

Love the Pug!

Shaggy cat would have to be my favourite!



Reading wise, I am currently reading To Kill a Mocking Bird. I read this many years ago in school for English and I am loving it again. It is part of some pre-reading required for a short creative writing course I am enrolled in. As coincidental things happen in life sometimes, I will be doing the course with an old work colleague, a  gorgeous girl who has energy and spark and a tongue like acid, it will be a great couple of days. There is always much laughter when we are together, so I hope we will actually learn something.



It was back to Uni for the Physicist this week. I now have the joys of the ins and outs of Electro Magnetism to look forward to. I might record the details and sell the tapes as a meditation tool. Today's lesson Quantization of Charge. Please don't ask me to explain it, all I got was that a charge has a specific measure. It can't have half-measures or something like that...much like my consumption of wine, I can have a full bottle or an empty bottle but a half bottle doesn't exist.


Well, I am off to take advantage of the extra day this weekend to get in some extra reading and writing and explore some more of the websites suggested by Fremantle Press, the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, WritingWA and the Australian Society of Authors.

Until next time
Fatty
xxx


 (www.scbwiaustralia.org),(www.writingwa.org), (www.asauthors.org












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An inspiring year ahead

Got a call from the BoM...

Bit the Bullet