BOOK LAUNCH!!!

Not mine, but some wonderful local authors. Fremantle Press launched six new children's books at the State Library yesterday and it was an awesome event where I got to meet some of our amazing local talent. I caught up with Deb Fitzpatrick again and bought both her Spencer Gray books, which I am looking forward to reading. I loved Deb's workshop last weekend and I am eager to discover her writing style. I also bought a book by Cristy Burne, who did an amazing reading of her book To the Lighthouse, which got everyone engaged and Yasmin Hamid's inaugural book, Swimming on the Lawn, which is about a little girl living in Sudan. Yasmin was particularly lovely to talk to.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Kyle Hughes- Odgers, whose illustrative works we came across at the Heartlines Festival the week before. V was particularly fond of his work, so I purchased his book Can a Skeleton have an X-Ray, which has the artwork that was on display in it, and had it signed for V.

Two reference books came in the mail this week, which I purchased a per the recommendation of Deb Fitzpatrick so I will need to set aside some time to look at those. Juicy Writing, by Brigid Lowry and Everything I Know About Writing, by John Marsden.

The Creative Collective meet up this month was missing one creative, but we still had a great met up and chat at Decanter. I haven't eaten that much fried food in some time, but it tasted really good. We discussed a lot of random stuff through the night and didn't actually start talking about our creative works until we were out in the street saying goodbye. I am excited that Paul would like to come to the Rockingham Writers Convention as I will be attending with Inklings. It should be an amazing day!

I have been writing and reading like crazy this week and I even managed a walk as my back has decided to settle down, so hopefully, I am on the mend and ready to get physical again...training for the bloody long walk, here I come! I will also be a published writer very shortly with an article written for the Netball Club placed in the local Newspaper!! Small steps, but I will take what I can get! :)

I bought tickets this week, as congratulations for getting through another semester of uni, for the Physicist and I to go and see Neil Degrasse Tyson in July which he is a bit happy about. I am not sure how much we will be able to see as we are way back in the atmosphere seating wise, but we can only afford what we can afford. It should be a great show!

Another busy week planned for me ahead with Inklings and end of month celebrations at work, and I can't wait to write about it.

Have a wonderful week
Stay creative!!

Love Fatty
xxxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An inspiring year ahead

Bit the Bullet

Closing the week creatively.